Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Final Texas A&M Meeting

My final meeting with my Texas A&M group went better than expected. Learning from my 2 previous meetings, I felt as though I had nailed down organizing my group. This time around I gave them plenty of time to respond and sent a follow-up e-mail reminding them of their deadline. This wonderfully as every student responded by the deadline and setting a date and time quickly set. 



Of all the discussions we had, the last one was not as involved as the other previous two. It may have been because the students were coming back from Spring Break or the novelty of Second Life was beginning to wear off for them. Realizing that early on, I was glad I had prepared questions ahead of time to keep the conversation on target, questions that got a quality conversation going. What was good about the meeting was the level of comfortability we had developed as a group even though we couldn't see each other face to face. In the end, it was sad to see this collaboration come to an end but it was encouraging to hear how much the group enjoyed working in Second Life. This collaboration showed me how much I enjoyed managing an online group and I hope to do more of that in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the entire collaboration! I can see how much you have learned.

    ReplyDelete